Skyrim Online
We got animations working ! - Printable Version

+- Skyrim Online (http://skyrim-online.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We got animations working ! (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 10-01-2015 12:22 AM

No we are not going for a coop mode, we are going for an SDK to allow people to create online mods on top of it. Be it an arena, a coop mode, an MMO mode, a race, a MOBA etc...

Work takes a lot of my time but so does life after work. Life is precious I won't spend it working from 7 am to midnight everyday ;)

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 10-01-2015 05:22 AM

Arena is the most classic idea for a TES MP.
Just to imagine some really good Skyrim players fighting each other and better yet, a full team of good players.

Those who remember the Arena from Oblivion know the feeling xD

RE: We got animations working ! - Korvynus - 10-02-2015 12:28 AM

Hello, still no updates for SO ?

Btw I tried the TamrielOnline mod, wich is great but really lacking optimization... I just wonder if Siegfre wants to push more and more content without optimizing the code. It's pretty laggy sometime and other time the game simply CTD... Otherwise, most of things are already sync'd. Players, NPCs... but like I said it's pretty unstable.

Anyway, I still wonder why Yamashi or Siegfre, have the need of an external software for the server instead of using the actual game for it? Wouldn't be better for most things like sync between every players that join the host? I'm really curious...

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 10-02-2015 05:42 AM

(10-02-2015 12:28 AM)Korvynus Wrote:  Hello, still no updates for SO ?

Btw I tried the TamrielOnline mod, wich is great but really lacking optimization... I just wonder if Siegfre wants to push more and more content without optimizing the code. It's pretty laggy sometime and other time the game simply CTD... Otherwise, most of things are already sync'd. Players, NPCs... but like I said it's pretty unstable.

Anyway, I still wonder why Yamashi or Siegfre, have the need of an external software for the server instead of using the actual game for it? Wouldn't be better for most things like sync between every players that join the host? I'm really curious...

You mean exactly what? Could you clarify?
Maybe they are restricted by the fact that Skyrim is a single-player game with zero support given to any sort of multi-player?

RE: We got animations working ! - Gastoncitoh - 10-02-2015 12:12 PM

Arena will we an amazing idea .

Maybe if yamashi work with Siegfre, Elder scrolls 6 will be coop , i don't know ... Just saying

RE: We got animations working ! - iTapper - 10-02-2015 03:12 PM

Since it seems that a lot of people posting here either want to complain or just don't seem to have actually read any of the major posts on this site, I'd just like to take a moment to thank the development team for their efforts, as a representative of the silent but patient part of the SO community. We realize that this is a complicated project and are proud that you guys aren't taking any shortcuts which would make anything but a great product. Keep it up, guys, there really are those of us who appreciate it!

RE: We got animations working ! - Korvynus - 10-02-2015 05:35 PM

(10-02-2015 05:42 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  You mean exactly what? Could you clarify?
Maybe they are restricted by the fact that Skyrim is a single-player game with zero support given to any sort of multi-player?

Well in the case of TamrielOnline, the first player that connect to "server.exe" is considered has host and that player will sync his game with the rest of other players that join the "server.exe". Pretty bad idea for me. I think the "server.exe" should rely on the game files like most game does for better consistency and so on. Idk how to explain well. I hope you understand.

Simply look how SAMP was made? Wouldn't be better to use the same idea? And it's pretty functionnal and stable. GTA SA wasn't made also for multiplayer but the community made a great job with SAMP.

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 10-02-2015 07:44 PM

(10-02-2015 05:35 PM)Korvynus Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 05:42 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  You mean exactly what? Could you clarify?

Well in the case of TamrielOnline, the first player that connect to "server.exe" is considered has host and that player will sync his game with the rest of other players that join the "server.exe". Pretty bad idea for me. I think the "server.exe" should rely on the game files like most game does for better consistency and so on. Idk how to explain well. I hope you understand.

Simply look how SAMP was made? Wouldn't be better to use the same idea? And it's pretty functionnal and stable. GTA SA wasn't made also for multiplayer but the community made a great job with SAMP.

Yamashi can explain you this a whole lot better, but you want us to rely on a dedicated server, is that what you mean? Instead of players being hosts?

RE: We got animations working ! - Korvynus - 10-02-2015 08:49 PM

Depends what you are going to achieve. But in most case, it's better having a dedicated server that run with game files. Specially if you are planning to make a basic multiplayer mod, with a sdk or api, that could be expanded with some additionals features such as coop, arena, etc... And maybe other modders that would want to integrate some network functionality to their mods. It would be very important then to have a separate game running a dedicated server with his own files and mods a bit like GTA SAMP.

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 10-02-2015 10:48 PM

(10-02-2015 08:49 PM)Korvynus Wrote:  Depends what you are going to achieve. But in most case, it's better having a dedicated server that run with game files. Specially if you are planning to make a basic multiplayer mod, with a sdk or api, that could be expanded with some additionals features such as coop, arena, etc... And maybe other modders that would want to integrate some network functionality to their mods. It would be very important then to have a separate game running a dedicated server with his own files and mods a bit like GTA SAMP.

I'm positive that dedicated servers are fairly easy to implement. The mod just never got to the point where any servers were needed.