Skyrim Online
We got animations working ! - Printable Version

+- Skyrim Online (http://skyrim-online.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We got animations working ! (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 09-25-2015 07:24 AM

(09-19-2015 09:28 PM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 05:39 PM)johnathon007 Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 07:59 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 07:27 AM)johnathon007 Wrote:  So is skyrim online just dead this time?

Nope.

That's nice to hear Normal Smile

Until Yamashi says that the mod is dead + closes the forums, the mod is not dead.

So he finally got some working NPC sync! I'm quite happy to see that. Of course all the Skyrim Online fanboy dribble is coming out of the Nexus Comments, but regardless of that I'm quite happy to see it work!

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 09-25-2015 11:30 PM

(09-25-2015 07:24 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 07:59 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 07:27 AM)johnathon007 Wrote:  So is skyrim online just dead this time?

Nope.

Until Yamashi says that the mod is dead + closes the forums, the mod is not dead.

So he finally got some working NPC sync! I'm quite happy to see that. Of course all the Skyrim Online fanboy dribble is coming out of the Nexus Comments, but regardless of that I'm quite happy to see it work!

If you have the time to test it, please would you tell me how it works? Can't find any videos yet.

Gotta know if it's worth the try.

ps. I don't see how the SO staff have ever made you a "demon" for wanting to play Skyrim in multiplayer (as you stated on nexus).
You have to keep in mind that TO is not on the clear water as of yet.
I'm yet to see people do full tests on the mod (nexus is full of questions, less answers).

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 09-26-2015 10:04 AM

(09-25-2015 11:30 PM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(09-25-2015 07:24 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 07:59 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  Nope.

If you have the time to test it, please would you tell me how it works? Can't find any videos yet.

Gotta know if it's worth the try.

ps. I don't see how the SO staff have ever made you a "demon" for wanting to play Skyrim in multiplayer (as you stated on nexus).
You have to keep in mind that TO is not on the clear water as of yet.
I'm yet to see people do full tests on the mod (nexus is full of questions, less answers).
No no, I meant the other way around. Nexus comments are making me out to be a demon for posting on more then one forum. I've talked to the dev, basically since it's intended for Co-op it's based off of the host, a small bubble is around the stated "main person" and anything within that bubble is synced for all users.

RE: We got animations working ! - Pwnsedge - 09-27-2015 02:42 PM

MeGaMaN, here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzqMO5AT7WU

Puts the current state of SO to shame. Who really gives a toss about a crappy chat system?

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 09-28-2015 02:29 AM

(09-27-2015 02:42 PM)Pwnsedge Wrote:  MeGaMaN, here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzqMO5AT7WU

Puts the current state of SO to shame. Who really gives a toss about a crappy chat system?

Thank you for the link.

There seems to be some sort of misconception that SO has been competing with TO (Or vice versa).
In truth there hasn't been any development for SO since TO was announced. The 2 mods also had very different approaches on how to make the syncs work.
SO tried to modify the engine to result in perfect sync, while TO does what the engine allows.
On a side note, Yamashi did offer to collaborate with Siegfre, but apparently he refused.

RE: We got animations working ! - ELiteSpoonHD - 09-29-2015 05:01 AM

(09-28-2015 02:29 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(09-27-2015 02:42 PM)Pwnsedge Wrote:  MeGaMaN, here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzqMO5AT7WU

Thank you for the link.

There seems to be some sort of misconception that SO has been competing with TO (Or vice versa).
In truth there hasn't been any development for SO since TO was announced. The 2 mods also had very different approaches on how to make the syncs work.
SO tried to modify the engine to result in perfect sync, while TO does what the engine allows.
On a side note, Yamashi did offer to collaborate with Siegfre, but apparently he refused.

Hehe... of course he refused. Seeing the difficulties of making such a mod, he probably wants all the fame and glory for himself.

However, for my personal experience, i can say that the mod may be mostly optimized for LAN games. It does not work well with some routing rules and protocols. For example, if you have a home server and host a game there, the mod wont work very well with DMZs. So using a LAN emulator or a VPN client (such as the most obvious hamachi) may deliver a better experience.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 09-29-2015 10:37 AM

(09-29-2015 05:01 AM)ELiteSpoonHD Wrote:  
(09-28-2015 02:29 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  

Thank you for the link.

Hehe... of course he refused. Seeing the difficulties of making such a mod, he probably wants all the fame and glory for himself.

However, for my personal experience, i can say that the mod may be mostly optimized for LAN games. It does not work well with some routing rules and protocols. For example, if you have a home server and host a game there, the mod wont work very well with DMZs. So using a LAN emulator or a VPN client (such as the most obvious hamachi) may deliver a better experience.
That's always been the intention, dev has stated it's only meant for Co-Op games over LAN.

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 09-29-2015 06:13 PM

Using a VPN won't change anything.
We used to have player sync a while ago but I was not satisfied with the way it worked, so I am rewriting it to be perfect, hooking inside the engine and so on.

Again this is not a competition we are not trying to achieve the same thing.

RE: We got animations working ! - Mentum - 09-30-2015 04:52 PM

Well, actually you are trying to achieve the same thing. Both these mods are ment to be a coop mod right? With as much sync as possible? Difference is how you get there. But I do want to see this mod on this forum to come live again. I can't help to feel like you lost your steam, motivation on working on this (totally understandable) Also work tend to take over. Put some free time in poking in the code wouldn't be impossible, right? It's not like you work 80h per week. Or do they work in shift at Besetha?

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 10-01-2015 12:18 AM

(09-30-2015 04:52 PM)Mentum Wrote:  Well, actually you are trying to achieve the same thing. Both these mods are ment to be a coop mod right? With as much sync as possible? Difference is how you get there. But I do want to see this mod on this forum to come live again. I can't help to feel like you lost your steam, motivation on working on this (totally understandable) Also work tend to take over. Put some free time in poking in the code wouldn't be impossible, right? It's not like you work 80h per week. Or do they work in shift at Besetha?

It's Zenimax (Online) and the way Yama originally wanted to get there was way more advanced. For an example, he didn't use Papyrus and wanted to modify the engine. It would have resulted in absolute perfect sync.
I'm not entirely sure what he is trying now, but apparently he might be rewriting the old NPC sync (which was buggy) to work better, or he's just trying something new for fun. Who knows what he can pull off.

Personally, i'm glad there is someone else working on such a amazing mod idea.
Even if it's not perfect (by far), it's cool to have something working.