Skyrim Online
We got animations working ! - Printable Version

+- Skyrim Online (http://skyrim-online.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We got animations working ! (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 08-15-2015 04:06 PM

(08-15-2015 02:48 PM)warhero78 Wrote:  have very little time

Nobody is here to cater to you, figure it out or too bad.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 09-07-2015 10:20 AM

See, even though this mod makes 0 progress, even though it's crammed with stupid people that can't read, TO's community is worse. Twice the audience, meaning twice the illiteracy, and the people that are competent attacked me because I said I didn't think it was going too well, accusing me of trying to spread hate and sabotage because I also post here. Apparently opinions aren't allowed over at Nexus Mods :/

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 09-07-2015 02:25 PM

(09-07-2015 10:20 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  See, even though this mod makes 0 progress, even though it's crammed with stupid people that can't read, TO's community is worse. Twice the audience, meaning twice the illiteracy, and the people that are competent attacked me because I said I didn't think it was going too well, accusing me of trying to spread hate and sabotage because I also post here. Apparently opinions aren't allowed over at Nexus Mods :/

I just like to think that TO is SO in 2011.
Siegfre will (if not already) run into countless walls with no end in sight. He can keep the community happy with bug fixes all he wants.
I'll be waiting for the day when he announces that he cant finish the mod.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 09-08-2015 02:30 AM

(09-07-2015 02:25 PM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 10:20 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  See, even though this mod makes 0 progress, even though it's crammed with stupid people that can't read, TO's community is worse. Twice the audience, meaning twice the illiteracy, and the people that are competent attacked me because I said I didn't think it was going too well, accusing me of trying to spread hate and sabotage because I also post here. Apparently opinions aren't allowed over at Nexus Mods :/

Siegfre will (if not already) run into countless walls with no end in sight. He can keep the community happy with bug fixes all he wants.

15 days ago he said NPC sync was going well (over on reddit) so either he's hit a wall or perhaps a life issue has sprung up, because even if he wasn't making progress he could at least announce it, ya know? I understand that you're obviously affiliated here but I wouldn't be soooo harsh. He might be able to do it, but I'm not expecting a whole lot unless he re-surfaces and gives info.

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 09-08-2015 03:13 AM

(09-08-2015 02:30 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  

15 days ago he said NPC sync was going well (over on reddit) so either he's hit a wall or perhaps a life issue has sprung up, because even if he wasn't making progress he could at least announce it, ya know? I understand that you're obviously affiliated here but I wouldn't be soooo harsh. He might be able to do it, but I'm not expecting a whole lot unless he re-surfaces and gives info.

If he does, i'll be happy for the Skyrim modding community.
Still it's his first mod and so far hasn't shown much actual experience on this kind of stuff. Many of his syncs can be done by average coders (according to Yamashi) and has been done namely, on SO during 2011-2012.

I've also been discussing it's possibilities with Yamashi, and he has assured me that the way to sync NPCs is not the one Siegfre is going through.
Not only is his code hard coded, it also will present problems with NPC sync in the future.

Unless he does a accurate dev-blog (which i wouldn't be aware of), i'm not interested in following his mod through changelogs (which mostly address bug fixes).

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 09-11-2015 07:59 AM

(09-08-2015 03:13 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 02:30 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  

If he does, i'll be happy for the Skyrim modding community.
Still it's his first mod and so far hasn't shown much actual experience on this kind of stuff. Many of his syncs can be done by average coders (according to Yamashi) and has been done namely, on SO during 2011-2012.

I've also been discussing it's possibilities with Yamashi, and he has assured me that the way to sync NPCs is not the one Siegfre is going through.
Not only is his code hard coded, it also will present problems with NPC sync in the future.

Unless he does a accurate dev-blog (which i wouldn't be aware of), i'm not interested in following his mod through changelogs (which mostly address bug fixes).

He came out today and said he was still working on it, and I'm glad. Any mod is a good mod! Sounds like he's having a few troubles, but who knows, he might do it.

RE: We got animations working ! - johnathon007 - 09-19-2015 07:27 AM

So is skyrim online just dead this time?

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 09-19-2015 07:59 AM

(09-19-2015 07:27 AM)johnathon007 Wrote:  So is skyrim online just dead this time?

Nope.

RE: We got animations working ! - johnathon007 - 09-19-2015 05:39 PM

(09-19-2015 07:59 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 07:27 AM)johnathon007 Wrote:  So is skyrim online just dead this time?

Nope.

That's nice to hear Normal Smile

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 09-19-2015 09:28 PM

(09-19-2015 05:39 PM)johnathon007 Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 07:59 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  

Nope.

That's nice to hear Normal Smile

Until Yamashi says that the mod is dead + closes the forums, the mod is not dead.