Skyrim Online
We got animations working ! - Printable Version

+- Skyrim Online (http://skyrim-online.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We got animations working ! (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-30-2015 12:55 PM

http://i.imgur.com/nEiyMs1.png?1

Yamashi, thoughts?

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 07-30-2015 09:46 PM

First thing, I don't hate on his work at all, in fact I don't really care, Skyrim Online is a fun project to work on, it taught me a lot and that's all that matters to me.

I still believe my approach is the correct approach for a perfect sync.

The NPC approach he is mentioning will not sync animations afaik, it will just sync a basic state, and the npc will still try to follow what the game engine is locally telling it to do... We will see.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-31-2015 12:57 AM

(07-30-2015 09:46 PM)Yamashi Wrote:  First thing, I don't hate on his work at all, in fact I don't really care, Skyrim Online is a fun project to work on, it taught me a lot and that's all that matters to me.

I still believe my approach is the correct approach for a perfect sync.

The NPC approach he is mentioning will not sync animations afaik, it will just sync a basic state, and the npc will still try to follow what the game engine is locally telling it to do... We will see.

http://i.imgur.com/ulnsvwc.png?1
Seems like he has a couple different methods, actually.

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 07-31-2015 04:30 PM

Thought about those, it's impossible to simulate the game logic server side, would take years to implement. Having clients manage some NPCs is an open door to chaos and having attempted the Skyrim instance myself along side the server I know Skyrim can't load a lot of cells at the same time, and can't handle many NPCs at the same time, running a city like whiterun is the limit and that is with a headless patch.

The only solution I found at time was to branch off Skyrim, have our own "Online" world, all scripted server side, including the navmesh etc...

Still animations won't be synced with any of those methods, the issue is that the NPC's triggers are defined in the AI package and the only way to catch the events is to hook inside the AI package, as of today we are still far from being able to do it.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-31-2015 09:36 PM

(07-31-2015 04:30 PM)Yamashi Wrote:  Thought about those, it's impossible to simulate the game logic server side, would take years to implement. Having clients manage some NPCs is an open door to chaos and having attempted the Skyrim instance myself along side the server I know Skyrim can't load a lot of cells at the same time, and can't handle many NPCs at the same time, running a city like whiterun is the limit and that is with a headless patch.

The only solution I found at time was to branch off Skyrim, have our own "Online" world, all scripted server side, including the navmesh etc...

Still animations won't be synced with any of those methods, the issue is that the NPC's triggers are defined in the AI package and the only way to catch the events is to hook inside the AI package, as of today we are still far from being able to do it.

Huh. I'm curious to see what he's going to do, I'll continue to monitor his progress.

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 08-01-2015 06:19 AM

I will as well, I would very much like that his work gets to the point where it's usable.

RE: We got animations working ! - Gastoncitoh - 08-01-2015 04:06 PM

yamashi , i play that mod , it's not the perfect sync , they are 2 differents games that you play , we are waiting for you , the fame belongs to you , go for it !

RE: We got animations working ! - Mentum - 08-02-2015 04:31 AM

I have yet to see the sync of this mod so I'll hold with glorifying yamashi until I can see progress. No hate intended. I can understand the point with all the downsides of how this dude program.

That aside, I was wondering something Yamashi. What is the current plan for you on this mod? I hear that you work alot but I'm not sure with what and what position you had in, Besetha right? And I understand if you program alot there you want some alonetime from it when possible.

The latest we heard was about animation. And how much time would it really take to add playersync for instance?

RE: We got animations working ! - BenDover - 08-02-2015 05:58 AM

What is already implemented and what is planned to be added? The source code available publicly seems to be not up to date. This makes it hard to assess effort required for getting to the beta version to those who may join the development.

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 08-02-2015 08:10 AM

I don't have any plan for this, if I find time I will work on it, until then I won't do much, also the fact that I am mostly alone is a bit annoying and doesn't help getting motivated.

In the cpp branch only chat/animation (test)/npc and player appearance sync are implemented. What we need to do right now is code how we play animations based on movement and find who cares and deals with NPCs.