Skyrim Online
We got animations working ! - Printable Version

+- Skyrim Online (http://skyrim-online.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We got animations working ! (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-23-2015 03:44 PM

(07-23-2015 07:59 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  Tell me all about waiting.. Normal Smile

He already explained us all why TO will not archive anything that hasn't been done.
It took him no more than a few days to write the code for the SO version that is popular on youtube, with player-sync.

If someone knows exactly what to do and how to do it, it won't take very long.
Just don't be disappointed if TO won't see any significant changes.

SO in the other hand could, if Yamashi finds himself the time to develop. We can all hope.

I do realize that he's a much better developer and such, but he doesn't have time, literally none whatsoever, so this is what we have for now, so I'm just staying hopeful for both of them.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-29-2015 11:23 AM

Well, whatever the case, you seemed to be correct, because he's obviously hit a stallmate. Last 9 updates were just fixes, damn :/

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 07-30-2015 01:57 AM

(07-29-2015 11:23 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  Well, whatever the case, you seemed to be correct, because he's obviously hit a stallmate. Last 9 updates were just fixes, damn :/

It was Yamashi who predicted TO's fate, and quite precisely at that.

RE: We got animations working ! - Dirtsivs - 07-30-2015 02:29 AM

(07-30-2015 01:57 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(07-29-2015 11:23 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  Well, whatever the case, you seemed to be correct, because he's obviously hit a stallmate. Last 9 updates were just fixes, damn :/

Not trying to hate or anything but guys he is not stuck. He did say he could release Npc sync a while ago but he would like to optimize things first. Plus even if his code is "not up to standards" he has still achieved more in what 2 month's than this mods done in 2 years. I don't know why you guys are hating on him. Don't we all just want to play skyrim with a friend. Instead of criticizing maybe you could help him when the dev's have free time or something give him advice in order for him to improve his code no point in working on two project's. Sorry if i sound like a dick but i just wanted to give my input on current event's.

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 07-30-2015 07:38 AM

(07-30-2015 02:29 AM)Dirtsivs Wrote:  

Not trying to hate or anything but guys he is not stuck. He did say he could release Npc sync a while ago but he would like to optimize things first. Plus even if his code is "not up to standards" he has still achieved more in what 2 month's than this mods done in 2 years. I don't know why you guys are hating on him. Don't we all just want to play skyrim with a friend. Instead of criticizing maybe you could help him when the dev's have free time or something give him advice in order for him to improve his code no point in working on two project's. Sorry if i sound like a dick but i just wanted to give my input on current event's.

Hating on him?
"if he succeeds I will be the first to congratulate him and to read the sources"
-Yamashi

Coding is not as simple as "giving magical advice that makes everything right".
Yamashi has NOT stated that he has made some sort of breakthrough and that he could make NPC sync happen. Don't you think he could have done it already if he knew exactly what to do?

I'd imagine it requires quite extensive knowledge to do something like this. That's why i'm betting that if it's gonna be made, it's going to be by Yamashi.
Rather than spend time teaching someone to code, yamashi could use that time to develop himself. And as far as i can tell, he hasn't had much time in a while nevertheless.

Good luck to Siegfire developing TO as far as he can. I'll be sure to download the mod once/when/if it's ready.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-30-2015 08:17 AM

(07-30-2015 02:29 AM)Dirtsivs Wrote:  

Could you reference where he claimed to be able to do it? I've never seen that, and listing NPC Sync as a future feature doesn't really count.

RE: We got animations working ! - XproWolf - 07-30-2015 08:32 AM

Yes, I asked for it on reddit and he replied in all sincerity that when the mod is optimized enough it will implement the NPC synchronization. If doubt can ask at reddit for him, he certainly answered them.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-30-2015 10:13 AM

(07-30-2015 08:32 AM)XproWolf Wrote:  Yes, I asked for it on reddit and he replied in all sincerity that when the mod is optimized enough it will implement the NPC synchronization. If doubt can ask at reddit for him, he certainly answered them.

No no, I wasn't saying I doubted it, I was asking for the source. Link?

RE: We got animations working ! - XproWolf - 07-30-2015 10:37 AM

(07-30-2015 10:13 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  
(07-30-2015 08:32 AM)XproWolf Wrote:  Yes, I asked for it on reddit and he replied in all sincerity that when the mod is optimized enough it will implement the NPC synchronization. If doubt can ask at reddit for him, he certainly answered them.

I will ask permission for him to see if I can post his response here. As he answer me I give you my answer,because it was a personal response and do not want to take privacy.

Edit* http://i.imgur.com/9agIpP0.png

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-30-2015 11:25 AM

(07-30-2015 10:37 AM)XproWolf Wrote:  
(07-30-2015 10:13 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  

I will ask permission for him to see if I can post his response here. As he answer me I give you my answer,because it was a personal response and do not want to take privacy.

Edit* http://i.imgur.com/9agIpP0.png

Ha ha, he really doesn't like us XD It's alright, as soon as his mod has NPC sync that isn't too buggy I plan on playing it. But this site is basically the opposing faction, hard to not expect some negativity :p Well, I'm excited again!