Skyrim Online
We got animations working ! - Printable Version

+- Skyrim Online (http://skyrim-online.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We got animations working ! (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 07-09-2015 05:12 PM

@Shokuryo
TES & Fallout fans dont just abandon their nostalgia of a game.
I'd rather take Oblivion Online than Skyrim one even though i've enjoyed both games. (IMO)

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 07-09-2015 06:23 PM

@Shokuryo Don't worry we won't ban you for your opinion, in fact we wouldn't even ban someone advertising the mod here, we know people come here to play skyrim with other people, if there is another solution we welcome it.

I looked at the code myself and I judged the code's quality not the player side of things, what you see is different than what I see, different perspectives. You see two people running together, I see 37 string packets sent per second where as 3 binary packets would do the trick and lower latency. Where you see two people running next to each other I see keyboard events being listened to in order to re-implement the character controller instead of finding a generic way to hook into the animation controller.

But hey, if he says he has an idea to sync NPCs let's wait for it to happen if he succeeds I will be the first to congratulate him and to read the sources Normal Smile

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-13-2015 10:45 AM

(07-09-2015 06:23 PM)Yamashi Wrote:  @Shokuryo Don't worry we won't ban you for your opinion, in fact we wouldn't even ban someone advertising the mod here, we know people come here to play skyrim with other people, if there is another solution we welcome it.

I looked at the code myself and I judged the code's quality not the player side of things, what you see is different than what I see, different perspectives. You see two people running together, I see 37 string packets sent per second where as 3 binary packets would do the trick and lower latency. Where you see two people running next to each other I see keyboard events being listened to in order to re-implement the character controller instead of finding a generic way to hook into the animation controller.

But hey, if he says he has an idea to sync NPCs let's wait for it to happen if he succeeds I will be the first to congratulate him and to read the sources Normal Smile

Hey Yamashi, I just noticed that TO just added Quest sync yesterday, what are your thoughts on this? I'm curious as to what you think and whatnot. Also, completely off topic, but you should add a Favicon to your site, make it easier to find in my bookmarks :p

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 07-14-2015 02:24 AM

@Rockoria Interested in how he syncs Quests. SO never planned to sync any older quests, instead making new ones (not that quests for SP game are good for MP in the first place).
Quest sync DOES need NPC sync, so i don't see what he means with it. Or does he mean quest stages sync?

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 07-14-2015 02:51 AM

I think he is running through the list of quests and grabbing the ID of active quests and sending them to others so that they all have the same quests active, not very interesting so far.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-14-2015 10:09 AM

(07-14-2015 02:24 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  @Rockoria Interested in how he syncs Quests. SO never planned to sync any older quests, instead making new ones (not that quests for SP game are good for MP in the first place).
Quest sync DOES need NPC sync, so i don't see what he means with it. Or does he mean quest stages sync?

I think it's stages.

Also Yamashi, I'd still say it's better than nothing, honestly :p Also Favicon, pls, it's stupid but it's cool XD

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 07-22-2015 07:06 AM

Looks like Tamriel Online is in some sort of stop.

1.1.3 - Fixes for the XInput error...
1.1.4 - Optimizations for the changes in 1.1.3, gameplay should be less laggy.
1.1.5 - Optimizations, there should no longer be any major drops in framerate...

3 releases with making the game less laggy (which Yamashi pretty much predicted to be).

And the hype fades..
[Image: tumblr_mlo0fbpMko1rys7qwo1_r1_500.gif]

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-23-2015 12:11 AM

(07-22-2015 07:06 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  Looks like Tamriel Online is in some sort of stop.

1.1.3 - Fixes for the XInput error...
1.1.4 - Optimizations for the changes in 1.1.3, gameplay should be less laggy.
1.1.5 - Optimizations, there should no longer be any major drops in framerate...

3 releases with making the game less laggy (which Yamashi pretty much predicted to be).

And the hype fades..
[Image: tumblr_mlo0fbpMko1rys7qwo1_r1_500.gif]

I wouldn't be so cynical, but that is correct, I assume he's at some sort of stop. However I wouldn't go "IT'S ALL DEAD THE HYPE IS DEAD ABANDON SHIP" every single time somebody hits a stop point, that's the only reason I still come here, to check if Yamashi makes any changes. Just relax and watch.

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 07-23-2015 07:59 AM

Tell me all about waiting.. Normal Smile

He already explained us all why TO will not archive anything that hasn't been done.
It took him no more than a few days to write the code for the SO version that is popular on youtube, with player-sync.

If someone knows exactly what to do and how to do it, it won't take very long.
Just don't be disappointed if TO won't see any significant changes.

SO in the other hand could, if Yamashi finds himself the time to develop. We can all hope.

RE: We got animations working ! - Gastoncitoh - 07-23-2015 08:57 AM

yamashi is the real hero in this , i'll wait what it takes