Skyrim Online
We got animations working ! - Printable Version

+- Skyrim Online (http://skyrim-online.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We got animations working ! (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: We got animations working ! - Baranox - 06-20-2015 10:48 PM

Ok thank you so much.

RE: We got animations working ! - Joenpaa - 06-28-2015 06:18 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3ad3cy/help_tamriel_online_testing/
Just going to leave this here for anybody that's intrested in this guys work.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 06-29-2015 01:46 AM

I really hate to say this, but this mod has basically been toppled. Now that this "Tamriel Online" mod has been released, which is light years ahead of this one, I doubt this is going to receive a ton of attention. I could just be stupid and it could be using this mod's source code, or be the same guy, but either way this site has kinda been overtaken by something way more competent.

RE: We got animations working ! - Kanarek - 07-01-2015 04:08 AM

I got find mod name "Tamriel Online" and working some one was quicker then you guys

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 07-02-2015 04:17 PM

No they used the "hard code" everything approach, it will eventually blow up on them.

RE: We got animations working ! - Pwnsedge - 07-03-2015 10:31 AM

You say that, but clearly it's coming along way faster than yours is. Maybe this dude is actually competent? Skyrim Online is dead and has been dead ever since its inception, it was never close to finished. This new mod has come farther than yours in 10x less time.

Tamriel Online is where it's at.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 07-03-2015 03:01 PM

(07-02-2015 04:17 PM)Yamashi Wrote:  No they used the "hard code" everything approach, it will eventually blow up on them.

We'll see how accurate that statement is. An update every day and it's quite consistent. I won't deny you're a genius coder though, so why do you think it'll blow up on them?

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 07-04-2015 05:03 AM

(07-03-2015 10:31 AM)Pwnsedge Wrote:  You say that, but clearly it's coming along way faster than yours is. Maybe this dude is actually competent? Skyrim Online is dead and has been dead ever since its inception, it was never close to finished. This new mod has come farther than yours in 10x less time.

Tamriel Online is where it's at.

I'll be sure to follow it's development, but you claimed that Yamashi is not competent. Please explain.

Hyping for a mod is a good thing and supporting too. Same stuff happened to SO in 2011 and everyone was hyped about it. The progress was also very fast, but it didn't stay that way. Just don't be sad if the Tamriel Online shares the same fate.
I sure hope it doesn't.

As far as i'm concerned, Yamashi works in gaming industry. They don't pick amateurs, they pick professionals.

I have no doubts Yama couldn't finish the mod if he had the time to.
I've seen 3 Online mods for TES series and all of them ended with too few devs and too many problems with the way the game is built.

Other than that, Skyrim Online had pretty much the same stuff in 2011-2012, but there were setbacks and change in code.

RE: We got animations working ! - ELiteSpoonHD - 07-04-2015 07:03 PM

Why don't you both cooperate instead and create something awesome? Everyone dreams about this mod. I don't think now it is time to discuss about honor and pride.

RE: We got animations working ! - Yamashi - 07-05-2015 01:29 AM

We talked but he doesn't understand why my approach is the only one that will eventually get somewhere, I will let the idea sink in and we will talk more once he hits the wall like I did !

Tamriel Online is at the same state my mod was back in December 2011 once I figured out hard coding everything was not an option.

Here is why hard coding does not work :

He relies on keyboard inputs of every player and sends animation events to other players based on the keyboard inputs, say you press Space -> send jump to people.

So this kind of works for players (does not support modified key bindings, controllers etc) but as soon as you hit non player characters, NPCs for example there is no way to grab the events without going deep in the game's code (which is what I am doing), then if you want to sync the behavior you need to hook the artificial intelligence behavior tree in the game and force it to match what the master wants. And you cannot do that by listening to keyboard inputs...

This kind of project is large scale it needs a decent architecture/net protocol, the very fact that people are crashing while playing is a good indicator that the design is already flawed.