Skyrim Online
We got animations working ! - Printable Version

+- Skyrim Online (http://skyrim-online.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We got animations working ! (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 03-13-2015 12:26 AM

When the donations still were up, SO made so much money from those donations that we can still run the servers. Still it's good to have private hosts for different variations.
One cool feature would be to implement mods to a server so that ppl with the wrong mods installed can't join it. Then it would show in a list what mods are enabled.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 03-13-2015 07:28 AM

(03-13-2015 12:26 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  When the donations still were up, SO made so much money from those donations that we can still run the servers. Still it's good to have private hosts for different variations.
One cool feature would be to implement mods to a server so that ppl with the wrong mods installed can't join it. Then it would show in a list what mods are enabled.

Variations was the key word there. Although most likely at first build you can run mods, as it won't be anything beyond animations. I wasn't thinking private though, I was just going to port forward and host a public one.

RE: We got animations working ! - Sanami - 03-15-2015 07:18 AM

I played quite a bit through the early versions of this but had to re make my account. This is really exciting to see at any rate! I'll check back a little more frequently.

RE: We got animations working ! - TheLastSpark - 03-16-2015 03:25 AM

Just a quick question, is the co-op going to work, like I host a server, and my friends join, Civ V style? Or more like mmo style, where once you join a server, there will be other people playing on that server? Sorry for my ignorance if this was posted somewhere I didn't see. Good Luck on getting this running

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 03-16-2015 03:49 AM

(03-16-2015 03:25 AM)TheLastSpark Wrote:  Just a quick question, is the co-op going to work, like I host a server, and my friends join, Civ V style? Or more like mmo style, where once you join a server, there will be other people playing on that server? Sorry for my ignorance if this was posted somewhere I didn't see. Good Luck on getting this running

A good question. Players join the server of their choosing and sync to the host's time, NPC positions, gear, etc in the process. You can do this from any of your saved games. So the game is going forward all the time with or without you. Though not so sure about the host.
There might still be errors when people with different mods installed join each other's games which is problematic.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 03-16-2015 08:34 AM

(03-16-2015 03:49 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(03-16-2015 03:25 AM)TheLastSpark Wrote:  Just a quick question, is the co-op going to work, like I host a server, and my friends join, Civ V style? Or more like mmo style, where once you join a server, there will be other people playing on that server? Sorry for my ignorance if this was posted somewhere I didn't see. Good Luck on getting this running

A good question. Players join the server of their choosing and sync to the host's time, NPC positions, gear, etc in the process. You can do this from any of your saved games. So the game is going forward all the time with or without you. Though not so sure about the host.
There might still be errors when people with different mods installed join each other's games which is problematic.

Well, except on first build none of that will happen other than the other player's positions. But hey, end goals are the most important goals.

RE: We got animations working ! - johnathon007 - 03-18-2015 12:12 PM

Just popped in to see how its going. is development still ongoing?
It seems like some of the momentum that started the end of last year has died a bit.

RE: We got animations working ! - Mentum - 03-18-2015 05:26 PM

To check the progress go to:
https://github.com/yamashi/SkyrimOnline

As far as I seen it seems that there was an update of some sort 11 days ago. But no official release or server update. Tho we wouldn't notice an server update because there is nothing that would tell us that. Clientside that is.

Seems that he improved the chat by splitting the messages so it won't be so long.

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 03-19-2015 06:16 AM

(03-18-2015 05:26 PM)Mentum Wrote:  To check the progress go to:

As far as I seen it seems that there was an update of some sort 11 days ago. But no official release or server update. Tho we wouldn't notice an server update because there is nothing that would tell us that. Clientside that is.

Seems that he improved the chat by splitting the messages so it won't be so long.

There also was some discussions with few developers about various things.
They have been very active on creation kit lately so maybe testing something new Normal Smile

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 03-19-2015 11:37 AM

(03-19-2015 06:16 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(03-18-2015 05:26 PM)Mentum Wrote:  To check the progress go to:

There also was some discussions with few developers about various things.
They have been very active on creation kit lately so maybe testing something new Normal Smile

That would be fantastic, excited to see this mod come to fruition Normal Smile