Skyrim Online
We got animations working ! - Printable Version

+- Skyrim Online (http://skyrim-online.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: We got animations working ! (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 01-30-2015 03:02 AM

(01-29-2015 11:48 PM)Rockoria Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 11:16 PM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 06:44 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 03:35 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 03:30 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  We reaaaally need another dev. That would make it so much easier.

We do have another dev, Octav.
The thing is that he is far from experienced when it comes to C++ and Yamashi is not very interested in teaching as he could use that time to dev (which he doesn't have)
The mod would require a skilled C++ coder that can learn the source code very quickly.
Otherwise we'll have to wait for Yamashi to get on a killing spree Biggrin
Donations, man. Or a Kickstarter! Why no Kickstarter...

If Yamashi accepted donations, he'd be expected to provide the content, which he cannot guarantee. He could also raise attention when it comes to legal matters.
It could be seen as charging for a mod.
But like, let's say he does donations and not a Kickstarter. If he received enough money, perhaps he could have a break from work and make the mod? I dunno.

I am no expert when it comes to gaming industry, but seen as how busy companies todays are to push the games to the market, i don't think it's an option for Yamashi. It's a contract.
Yamashi has every right to keep his work and this mod fully separate things.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 01-30-2015 12:36 PM

(01-30-2015 03:02 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 11:48 PM)Rockoria Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 11:16 PM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 06:44 AM)Rockoria Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 03:35 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  We do have another dev, Octav.
The thing is that he is far from experienced when it comes to C++ and Yamashi is not very interested in teaching as he could use that time to dev (which he doesn't have)
The mod would require a skilled C++ coder that can learn the source code very quickly.
Otherwise we'll have to wait for Yamashi to get on a killing spree Biggrin
Donations, man. Or a Kickstarter! Why no Kickstarter...

If Yamashi accepted donations, he'd be expected to provide the content, which he cannot guarantee. He could also raise attention when it comes to legal matters.
It could be seen as charging for a mod.
But like, let's say he does donations and not a Kickstarter. If he received enough money, perhaps he could have a break from work and make the mod? I dunno.

I am no expert when it comes to gaming industry, but seen as how busy companies todays are to push the games to the market, i don't think it's an option for Yamashi. It's a contract.
Yamashi has every right to keep his work and this mod fully separate things.

Fair enough! It would be nice though. Hmm. There's gotta be some way to raise awareness.

RE: We got animations working ! - Austin4606 - 01-30-2015 02:48 PM

Hello strangers! I was bored one day and decided to see if a Skyrim multiplayer mod existed. Long story short i ended up here. So what's actually happening with the mod ATM? All i know is that a guy who works at Zenimax is making this in C++ and development is very slow. That's it.

If someone could catch me up that'd be great.

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 01-30-2015 04:20 PM

(01-30-2015 02:48 PM)Austin4606 Wrote:  Hello strangers! I was bored one day and decided to see if a Skyrim multiplayer mod existed. Long story short i ended up here. So what's actually happening with the mod ATM? All i know is that a guy who works at Zenimax is making this in C++ and development is very slow. That's it.

Pretty much all you need to know..

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 01-30-2015 11:04 PM

(01-30-2015 02:48 PM)Austin4606 Wrote:  Hello strangers! I was bored one day and decided to see if a Skyrim multiplayer mod existed. Long story short i ended up here. So what's actually happening with the mod ATM? All i know is that a guy who works at Zenimax is making this in C++ and development is very slow. That's it.

Well, for starters, the mod was dead for a very very long time, and development just picked up. It's one guy, and he can only do it when he's off work (not that often) so basically it will take a very long time. So, the current status goes as follows: It's happening, but more devs are needed if we want it in the next 5 years. XD

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 01-31-2015 12:07 AM

(01-30-2015 11:04 PM)Rockoria Wrote:  

Well, for starters, the mod was dead for a very very long time, and development just picked up. It's one guy, and he can only do it when he's off work (not that often) so basically it will take a very long time. So, the current status goes as follows: It's happening, but more devs are needed if we want it in the next 5 years. XD

Pretty much yeah.

When Yamashi coded for a few days a lot (a month ago), he was able to make huge progress. All he needs is time. A few weeks of dedicated work and i could see this mod pretty much finished.

Finding of a coder like Yamashi (godlike) is a problem. He said himself that gaming engineers are almost always needed as they are rare. First Zenimax shut down his MMO project and then they hired him Normal Smile
Why Yamashi can't now work on a MMO type game is because companies don't want any technology leaks. That's pretty much all i know.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 01-31-2015 07:14 AM

(01-31-2015 12:07 AM)MeGaMaN Wrote:  
(01-30-2015 11:04 PM)Rockoria Wrote:  

Pretty much yeah.

When Yamashi coded for a few days a lot (a month ago), he was able to make huge progress. All he needs is time. A few weeks of dedicated work and i could see this mod pretty much finished.

Finding of a coder like Yamashi (godlike) is a problem. He said himself that gaming engineers are almost always needed as they are rare. First Zenimax shut down his MMO project and then they hired him Normal Smile
Why Yamashi can't now work on a MMO type game is because companies don't want any technology leaks. That's pretty much all i know.

Jeez. If he had a month, he probably could finish it.

RE: We got animations working ! - Mentum - 01-31-2015 10:00 AM

Wait, they shutdown a project he made private? They can do that? That's ridiculous!! Any code someone makes. Games or program, on their spare time is theirs to control. As long as it's not a part of a game that company uses. But useally there ain't many ways to code a game unless it's psuedo coding =P

But that is my opinion.

RE: We got animations working ! - Rockoria - 01-31-2015 12:49 PM

(01-31-2015 10:00 AM)Mentum Wrote:  Wait, they shutdown a project he made private? They can do that? That's ridiculous!! Any code someone makes. Games or program, on their spare time is theirs to control. As long as it's not a part of a game that company uses. But useally there ain't many ways to code a game unless it's psuedo coding =P

But that is my opinion.

Actually, he was turning ESO into a Single-Player game, and since it's an MMO it's illegal to modify the games content.

RE: We got animations working ! - MeGaMaN - 02-01-2015 03:35 AM

(01-31-2015 12:49 PM)Rockoria Wrote:  
(01-31-2015 10:00 AM)Mentum Wrote:  Wait, they shutdown a project he made private? They can do that? That's ridiculous!! Any code someone makes. Games or program, on their spare time is theirs to control. As long as it's not a part of a game that company uses. But useally there ain't many ways to code a game unless it's psuedo coding =P

But that is my opinion.

Actually, he was turning ESO into a Single-Player game, and since it's an MMO it's illegal to modify the games content.

Yes. This situation was solved a long time and is pointless to discuss.